Vent d'Est is a non-profit association (legal status: voluntary association). Founded in 2002, the association is located in the Republic of Moldova and aims to support the underprivileged populations. It mostly intervenes in the village of Horodiste, located in the north of the country, and also develops several projects in Chisinau.
Our main activities:
- developing ethic and fair tourism in Moldova: purchase of the former school of the village and renovation into an eco-pension and fruit processing plant,
- supporting the underprivileged populations
- children aid
- hosting volunteers for short, medium or long-term missions
- organizing solidarity/volunteer workcamps: construction work for the eco-pension, animations for children, assistance to local farmers etc,
- hosting European volunteers within the European Voluntary Service (EVS) program, program "Youth in Action" developed by the European Commission,
- implementing aid convoys,
- organizing cultural events: Horodiste French Music Festival 2011 and 2012.
Within this website, you will find details on our current projects in Moldova: information on ethic tourism and humanitarian travel, children aid, calls for volunteers etc.
Vent d'Est is supported by the Conseil Général de l'Ain and is also member of the Chamber of Commerce France-Moldova (Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie France Moldavie - Club France - CCIFM)